Páginas

sábado, 1 de fevereiro de 2014

Josef Van Wissem & Jim Jarmusch - The Sun of the Natural World is Pure Fire (video)



I don't know much of Josef Van Wissem's work apart from what's available online and I've missed him live when I had that chance, so I can't really put this particular song into context. I do know that he wrote this album, which I'm yet to hear, Jarmusch claiming that he's just there to paint the veritable sound landscapes that fill into Wissem's lute playing.

This resulting piece is amazing. Diego Barrera manages to sort of "add to the noise" in consonance with Wissem's lute and Jarmusch's guitar, the resulting juxtaposition of noise and image that enforces a troubling, but entrancing environment as we are driven, baffled, by the slight tones of a minimal song. 

This is what I need. I want to be shown imagery that I can explore; I want sound and image to not impose, but to lead me on, and swallow me whole in blissful noise.

Now I want that album more than ever.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário