Páginas

terça-feira, 18 de março de 2014

Vanhelga - Där Evigheten Inväntar Mig


I know I’ve been quite inactive in this blogging affair since last week. My necromantic evocations and self-mutilation rites have kept my hands awfully busy (and bloody). Be it as it may, today I bring you the latest single from Vanhelga, which is set to feature on their third full length, Längtan, whose release is scheduled for the 28th of April. I’ve mentioned in previous posts how saturated the whole “DSBM” thing currently is, with literally thousands of bands all around the globe releasing demos and LP’s on a monthly basis, mimicking uncritically the formulae established by their notorious predecessors, without contributing with anything new to the genre. Actually, truth be told, they didn’t even had to do anything outlandishly original; they simply had to compose something remotely able of transmitting any sort of sentiment other than boredom. Anyhow, in every ten bands or so within this musical niche there’s one or two which are worthwhile checking out. Vanhelga definitely belong to the latter. It’s difficult not to be reminded of Lifelover when listening to their despondently sick stuff. I’ll be looking forward for their forthcoming opus, which I expect to be at least as good as the preceding Höst, which you can also hear and buy at their Bandcamp.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário