Páginas

quinta-feira, 12 de dezembro de 2013

SotD: Julia Brown - i will do this for the rest of my life



Julia Brown is a noisy indie pop act that I've been listening to recently, they are catchy enough to appease the masses while seeming to me innovative in the way that they fill the simple guitar chords with layers of dream pop and shoegaze elements. I has that "work of passion" feel to it and it shows both in the carefree aesthetics of their bandcamp and in the groovy flow of their songs.

The thing about making noisy sound, the trick, or rather the thing that has some noise stand out in relation to other cases, is whether or not it sounds "natural". Noise can't be forced into a music through either technique or a sort of mathmatical precision. In my mind, it eases its way into your brain as it would ease out of the musician's - an organic communication through the medium of sound.

Though not without its less exemplary moments, Julia Brown seem to understand this and their brand of noisy lo-fi pop can really hit the nail when they build up for it (check out "i was my own tv show..." as another song that stands out).

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário