Páginas

quinta-feira, 21 de novembro de 2013

SotD: The Long Winters - Stupid



Woah there throwback thursday. I should really post other Three Lobed Recordings' songs like I said I would but seriously, I broke that chain like tuesday or something so I just don't care at this point.
The song Cinnamon by The Long Winters has been stuck in my head for the past days for no good reason other than it suddenly popped. When I Pretend To Fall was an album that I listened through to exhaustion back in the day, a - possibly - underrated gem of the sort of naïf indie/high school rock that you'd find on an American Pie'esque OST. Except John Roderick's lyrics are very much self-aware, and halfway through the album you'll realize that you're no longer home, you're at that class reunion loathing the same people and feeling glad that it's all over and you've moved on. Yep, the past is well off over there in the past.
Which incidentally is the theme of the song Prom Night At Hater High, from the same album: "I used to love them all, but they burn me up."

Here's Stupid. It's linked from their website that by the way, kinda asks people to link to the mp3 list rather than the actual mp3's, so here it is.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário